Our video discussion series aimed at helping federal contractors better understand OFCCP compliance in the context of new self-certification rules continues. Here, we’re taking a look at how to build and execute a good faith efforts program. Watch this second episode to learn exactly what you need, and what auditors will be looking for.
Watch below: 9 minutes
Having clarified the essential components of an affirmative action program in our first episode, we’ve focused this episode of our ‘How to Prepare for OFCCP Compliance and Self-Certification’ series on good faith efforts. An essential and required element of your wider affirmative action program, good faith efforts focus on the actions you take as a federal contractor to identify and remove barriers to employment for women and minorities.
You can watch episode two, ‘Build Your Good Faith Efforts Program’, right here:
Joining Stephen Caldwell for this episode’s discussion is Erica Medrano, a fellow Manager of Consulting Services at Affirmity. Erica has over 20 years of affirmative action experience and her day-to-day experience sees her overseeing a team of AAP and EEO consultants while also delivering diversity-planning solutions to clients.
In this episode, Stephen and Erica cover:
- What a good faith efforts program is, and why it’s important
- The typical components of a good faith efforts program
- What auditors are looking for, how organizations can meet minimum requirements, and how they can then fully optimize their program
Watch the Complete ‘How to Prepare for OFCCP Compliance and Self-Certification’ Series
Ahead of the June 30 deadline for affirmative action compliance self-certification, we’ll be uploading new discussion episodes weekly with the aim of helping you self-certify with confidence. Get a complete picture of best practice for compliance and ongoing maintenance by watching them all! Be sure to stay informed about new episode releases by following us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Essential Components of an Affirmative Action Program
- Build Your Good Faith Efforts Program
- How to Provide Affirmative Action Compliance Training to Your Recruiters and Managers
- Reviewing Your Hiring Processes to Ensure Fair Labor Practices
- How to Review Compensation to Identify Pay Disparities
- How to Mitigate Adverse Impact By Reviewing Employee Selection Processes