In the penultimate episode of our video discussion series, we continue our exploration of the ongoing work necessary for risk reduction and audit-proof OFCCP compliance. This time, host Stephen Caldwell and guest Patrick McNiel Ph.D. examine how to run a compensation analysis, why it’s important to do so, and what to do if your analysis uncovers any pay inequities.
Watch Below: 14 Minutes
As part of your organization’s self-certification for OFCCP compliance, you must state that you have analyzed employee compensation with a view to identifying pay disparities. It’s therefore important to understand exactly where to start, how rigorous your analysis needs to be, and what you need to do if issues are uncovered. We look at each of these topics, and more, in this week’s edition of our ‘How to Prepare for OFCCP Compliance and Self-Certification’ video discussion series.
You can watch episode five, ‘How to Review Compensation to Identify Pay Disparities’, right here:
Stephen Caldwell is joined for this topic by Patrick McNiel, Ph.D., Principal Business Consultant at Affirmity. Patrick has a specialist interest in both quantitative and qualitative methods for the purpose of workforce analytics. He is also regularly involved with Affirmity’s work on pay equity investigations, and compensation analysis.
In this episode, Stephen and Patrick cover:
- What compensation analysis means from an OFCCP perspective
- The key elements a compensation analysis should consider
- What needs to be done when pay inequities are discovered
- Trends in recent OFCCP auditing activity
- Why compensation analysis is important, and the risks of neglecting it
Watch the Complete ‘How to Prepare for OFCCP Compliance and Self-Certification’ Series
This look at compensation analysis is the penultimate episode of our video series exploring OFCCP compliance preparation. Every episode is full of useful tips from Affirmity experts—you can watch the whole series below, or just pick the episodes that sound most interesting to you! In the meantime, keep an eye on Affirmity’s Twitter and LinkedIn to be the first to hear when our sixth and final episode is available.
- Essential Components of an Affirmative Action Program
- Build Your Good Faith Efforts Program
- How to Provide Affirmative Action Compliance Training to Your Recruiters and Managers
- Reviewing Your Hiring Processes to Ensure Fair Labor Practices
- How to Review Compensation to Identify Pay Disparities
- How to Mitigate Adverse Impact By Reviewing Employee Selection Processes
Identify—and correct—potential issues. Learn more about our compensation and pay equity analysis services or contact us today.
About the Author
Stephen Caldwell is a Manager of Consulting Services and Diversity Planning Programs at Affirmity. In this role he leads and manages a team of Affirmity consultants, providing consulting and project management in diversity planning. He has assisted clients in the utility, healthcare, defense, telecommunications, energy, chemical, and other industries.
Mr. Caldwell has been with Affirmity for more than eight years and has over 20 years of experience in human resource consulting and diversity planning.