Adverse impact risk continues long after hiring—the full employee lifecycle and the selection processes you employ must be carefully monitored to avoid a costly OFCCP violation. In the last of our videos on preparing for OFCCP compliance and self-certification, Stephen Caldwell and Brad Wiltshire look at monitoring your performance, promotions, and terminations processes.
Watch Below: 10 Minutes
In episode four of our video series, we considered the importance of reviewing hiring processes as part of your ongoing commitment to OFCCP compliance. Your other critical employee selection processes—performance, promotions, and terminations—deserve the same level of scrutiny. It’s critical that you monitor your affirmative action plans to sustain any progress made towards your placement goals by your hiring activity. After all, if protected groups enter the business but fail to advance or quit the business, you haven’t really made any progress at all!
You can watch episode six, ‘How to Mitigate Adverse Impact By Reviewing Employee Selection Processes’, right here:
Brad Wiltshire is host Stephen Caldwell’s guest for this week’s episode. Brad is Senior Business Consultant at Affirmity and has 14 years of experience developing Affirmative Action Plans, plus EEO-1 and VETS reports for clients across many industries. He’s also a former attorney—a background that has helped him provide ongoing guidance and support for OFCCP audits and other compliance needs.
In this episode, Stephen and Brad cover:
- Why it’s important to monitor your AAPs
- What effective monitoring looks like and the key areas of focus
- The tools you should use to monitor adverse impact
- Recommendations for how regularly you should conduct monitoring reviews
Watch the Complete ‘How to Prepare for OFCCP Compliance and Self-Certification’ Series
Our video series exploring OFCCP compliance preparation is now complete. Be sure to check out any episodes you’ve missed and to review any topics you found particularly useful along the way. Every episode is full of useful tips from Affirmity experts—you can watch the whole series below, or just pick the episodes that sound most interesting to you!
- Essential Components of an Affirmative Action Program
- Build Your Good Faith Efforts Program
- How to Provide Affirmative Action Compliance Training to Your Recruiters and Managers
- Reviewing Your Hiring Processes to Ensure Fair Labor Practices
- How to Review Compensation to Identify Pay Disparities
- How to Mitigate Adverse Impact By Reviewing Employee Selection Processes